Thursday, March 19, 2009

A girl's other best friend: shoes

I've been on the hunt for the perfect shoes- bridal shoes, that is. 

The perfect one I found were these from Kate Spade:

The two inch heel is perfect. The bow is absolutely darling! And this shoe is WAY too cute! At a cost of $275, I'm not sure if it's worth the investment. No one will see my shoes and I'm not even sure if I will ever wear these babies again! Perhaps I can see these shoes in person and find out for myself. After all, I do have a 25% coupon. Even then, I'm not sure if $200 is worth the splurge either. 

And then there's that part of me who wants to be daring and wear something more bold. Even though yellow isn't our color, I think these shoes are absolutely fabulous:

Aren't those shoes fabulous!!?! I would get them in a hot pink color, if possible. :) Word has it that these shoes only cost ~$15. Could it be too good to be true? *update* I found out the bride who got these shoes, actually got them from Ross! What a STEAL!!! 

And then I'm sure every bride (in the best interest of comfort) thinks about flip flops/flats for their wedding dress. At least the tall ones anyway. I'm tempted to get these:
The price is affordable and plus, I have a gift card, which should cut the cost by about half. I can definitely see myself wearing these shoes again- especially during our honeymoon! But I've gotten a few frowns from friends and I'm sure my parents would look down upon it too. I do admit, it's not exactly traditional to wear flipflops under your wedding dress. But these aren't your normal flip flops, these are gold and blinged out! I think it's good enough for me! 

I'm sure I will find the perfect shoes somehow. To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I'm leaning towards something that has a low height, so I can be comfortable and look like I'm not towering over Mike. And depending on how much it ends up costing, I'd like to wear the shoe again. But definitely something that is budget friendly! 

And so the search continues...

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Yikes, they are really cute, but not $200 cute! Unless you want to resell them to some other bride to be and just take a hit...then it'd be like renting them for a day? Splurge on other things!

Maybe you can wear the flip flops for dancing? I notice alot of brides provide flip flops for their guests. So I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to wear these. But don't wear them for the ceremony, they are cute, but you are meant to wear high heels when you stand up there, lady!